ZAINWESTOWALI W DĄBROWIE
A city of large investments
In terms of income, Dąbrowa Górnicza has one of the largest budgets in the ranking of cities with the status of a county (Polish: powiat).
City budget (total expenditure) in 2015 amounted to PLN 663,081,362 million
The largest completed investment
- Construction of municipal buildings in the vicinity of Sadowa – Swobodna streets (Spisaka housing estate) – PLN 22,500,000.
- Construction of the municipal waste landfill for Lipówka II with the Municipal Waste Treatment Plant – PLN 33,500,000.
- Reconstruction of the building at 25 Kosciuszki Street for the Municipal Public Library – PLN 10,500,000.
- Construction of the Sports and Entertainment Hall in Haller Park – PLN 30,000,000.
- Preparation of technical documentation for the renovation of the viaduct within ul. Rudna together with the execution of construction works – PLN 9,600,000.
- Construction of acoustic screens along ul. Staszica – PLN 6,400,000.
- Construction of acoustic screen ul. Pushkin – PLN 3,800,000.
- Reconstruction of the City Museum: “Sztygarka” together with the liquidation of mining damages – PLN 5,500,000.
- Viaduct within National Road No. 94 above ul. Jamki – PLN 9,650,000.
- Sewerage in Dziewiąty (construction and adaptation) in ul. Kasprowicz, Adamski, Łącząca, Konopnicka, Asnyka – PLN 6,600,000.
- Eurocamping Błędów: camping, camping and recreation base at ul. Żołnierska 130 in Błędów – PLN 4,310,000
- Construction of sanitary and rainwater sewage system and waterworks in Strzemieszyce, near Źródlana, Hetmańska, Studzienna Street – PLN 4,330,000.
- Construction of sanitary sewage system in ul. Cieplak and distribution system of sewage system on the estate at ul. Queen Jadwiga – PLN 1,827,931
- The development of selective waste collection in the municipalities of Dąbrowa Górnicza, Siewierz and Sławków – approx. PLN 10 million.
- Creation of an acoustic map of Dąbrowa Górnicza Commune – PLN 813,788.00.
- Municipal Spatial Information System, City of Dąbrowa Górnicza – PLN 3,902,712.33.
- Municipal Tourist Information System in the Dąbrowa Górnicza Commune – PLN 453,867.55.
- Summer and Water Sports Center POGORIA. As part of the new infrastructure, there were: – a pier over Pogoria III, – a playground for children – a team of pitches. 30 km of new cycle paths were built together with the following cities: Będzin, Siewierz and Sławków – PLN 24,788,326.00
- Comprehensive thermal efficiency improvement of over 20 educational institutions together with the construction and modernization of sports facilities, including the School Complex No. 7 – PLN 14.5 million; Complex of Music Schools No. 1 – PLN 12 million; there are plans to build a playing field and a concert hall for the amount of PLN 32 million. 12 modern sports facilities were created, including “Orliki “, for the amount of PLN 23 million.
- Construction of a Special Educational and Educational Center with an Sports Facility for Disabled Children and Teenagers. The cost of the whole investment amounted to approx. PLN 72 million.
- Construction of broadband Internet in Dąbrowa Górnicza – 53 km of modern fiber optic network, 24 public hotspots, video monitoring. The cost of the three stages of the investment was PLN 24,059,530.
- Zagłębie’s Center of Oncology – implementation of the first stage of the creation of ZCO – PLN 8.525.000.
- Comprehensive preparation of the investment area – Tucznava in Dąbrowa Górnicza: Stage I, Stage II, Stage III. The investment involved the construction of a road with a total length of almost 9 km. The investment included construction works in the area of roundabouts, road intersections, drainage works and road lighting. As a result, a communication connection was established with the largest investment area in southern Poland – Tucznawa – with a total area of 259 ha. Investment cost – PLN 66,256,299.01.
- Reconstruction of the national road No. 94 on the section from the border with the Sławków commune to the border with the Sosnowiec commune together with the reconstruction of the road overpass to the provincial road No. 790. Investment cost – PLN 244,253,653.04.
- Reconstruction of the historic Palace of Zagłębie Culture in Dąbrowa Górnicza – the cultural heritage of the Dąbrowa Basin. The total cost of implementation of the 2 investment stages – PLN 77,079.870.03.
- Organization of water and sewage management in the Dąbrowa Górnicza commune – stage I – 490,041,683.68 PLN.
- Common space – social integration zone in Dąbrowa Górnicza and the construction of the city monitoring system – PLN 1,745,427.28.
- Elimination of domestic sewage disposal from the city center to the Pogoria river waters – PLN 61,060,741.45.
Ongoing major urban investments
- Purchase and installation of equipment using renewable energy sources, with elements increasing energy efficiency of selected municipal buildings in the area of Dąbrowa Górnicza. Estimated investment value – PLN 1,000,000.
- Promoting green mobility in the area of Dąbrowa Górnicza Municipality. Estimated investment value – PLN 1,500,000.
- Support of local communities in the revitalised areas of Dąbrowa Górnicza Stage I, Stage II. Estimated investment value – PLN 500,000.
- DG Networking – support for SME in revitalised areas of Dąbrowa Górnicza, Stage I, Stage II. Estimated investment value – PLN 150,000.
- Vocational training beyond the 21st century – rebuilding and equipping the practical vocational training laboratory in vocational schools in Dąbrowa Górnicza. Estimated investment value – PLN 1,500,000.
- Modernization and extension of street lighting in the area of Dąbrowa Górnicza. Estimated investment value – PLN 3,000,000.
- Revitalisation of public spaces and derelict sites in Dąbrowa Górnicza. Estimated investment value – PLN 1,000,000.
- Comprehensive preparation of investment areas for the needs of business activity in Dąbrowa Górnicza – PLN 500,000.
- Zagłębie Linear Park – revitalisation of the functional area of the Przemsza and Brynica Valley. Estimated investment value: PLN 2,302,785.
- Purchase and installation of equipment using renewable energy sources, with elements increasing energy efficiency of selected municipal buildings in the area of Dąbrowa Górnicza – PLN 1,000,000.
- Expansion of parking spaces and reconstruction of the existing transport system at the Sikorskiego Housing Estate in Dąbrowa Górnicza – Stage III. Estimated value – PLN 2,000,000.
- Rebuilding of a road viaduct in Piłsudskiego Street over the railway track – Estimated investment value: PLN 5,240,000.
Major investments of companies
- modernization of a blast furnace no. 2 The value of over PLN 256 million.
- a new continuous steel casting machine. The value of PLN 431 million.
- modernisation of the plant, including construction of a new sintering tape. The value of PLN 140 million.
- a new ladle workshop. The value of PLN 15.5 million.
- exchange of an oxygen converter (2016). The value of over PLN 20 million.
Koksownia Przyjaźń JSW KOKS SA plant
- a new coking battery – the largest recent project in the coking industry. The value of 420 million.
- extension of the plant with a new foundry (start of the investment in 2016). The value of the investment: PLN 160 million,
- investment of a new plant. The value of PLN 193,855,000,
- investment of the plant in a new iron foundry as part of the brake discs production line – PLN 250 million.
- investment in the expansion of the production plant (2011). The value of EUR 100 million, increasing the employment to 1,200. Doubling production by the end of 2014.
Pogoria Shopping Centre (the investor – Maryland Real Estate Warszawa Cassino Group)
- Construction of the shopping centre. The value: PLN 232,626,000.
- Construction of a plant for automotive components made of plastic and aluminium. The value of the investment – PLN 32,567,640.
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials Polska Sp. z o.o.
- extension of the plant. The value of approx. 319,000,000 PLN.
GUHRING Sp. z o.o.
- Construction of a plant in Dąbrowa Górnicza and launching a production of highly efficient diamond tools. The investment costs incurred by the company has already exceeded PLN 28,000,000.
NGK Ceramics Polska
- construction of a new plant in Dąbrowa Górnicza, Tucznawa investment area. The cost of the investment: PLN 300 million. NGK Ceramics will manufacture diesel particulate filters there. The company intends to hire approx. 300 staff.
- construction of a production and warehouse hall with social and office facilities. A small aluminium foundry (6 high-pressure and cold chamber die casting machines) producing construction elements of exterior mirrors will be built on the site. Employment of 533 is expected to increase by 20%. Completion of the investment in February 2017.
- budowa hali produkcyjno- magazynowej z zapleczem socjalno- biurowym. Na terenie obiektu powstała mała odlewnia aluminium (6 maszyn odlewniczych wysokociśnieniowych, zimnokomorowych) produkujących elementy konstrukcyjne lusterek zewnętrznych. Zatrudnienie z 533 pracowników ma wzrosnąć o 20%. Zakończenie inwestycji luty 2017 r.
Investments and fixed assets: Capital expenditures in enterprises in 2016 (Central Statistic Office data for 2016)
|Industry and construction||Market services||Non- market services|
|in PLN mln|
|Katowice (voivodeship capital)||1 787,4||786,3||751,6||238,7|
Investments and fixed assets: Gross value of fixed assets in enterprises in 2015 (Central Statistic Office data for 2015)
|Industry and construction||Market services||Non- market services|
|in PLN mln|
|Dąbrowa Górnicza||16 361,2||14 706,2||1 236,5||418,6|
|Katowice (voivodeship capital)||34 977,8||13 607,4||17 419,6||3 936,1|
Expenditure on own investments of the commune in relation to the general expenditure of the commune (city budget).
|Year||General expenses in the commune in PLN||Expenditure on the commune’s own investments in PLN from the commune budget||Expenditure on own investment of the commune in relation to the general expenditure of the commune in%|
|2015||663 081 362,00||141 367 516,00||21,32|
|2014||856 031 452,50||362 159 780,21||13,77|
|2013||698 127 229,24||274 181 629,92||35,41|